SNOOP'S LIST

Saturday, November 19, 2005

13. Spades


I used to play Spades alot with a few buddies of mine back when I was twenty-something. Those were pre-marriage, pre-kids, pre real-job days where you could stay up late with your friends whenever you wanted, play cards, and just bull-shit for hours. Good times.

Truth be told, I don't see much of those guys anymore. Some of them are married. Some of them are married with kids. I'm married with kids. You know the drill. I get to play alot of games nowadays, but it's not quite the same as those days before I invited real responsibility into my life.

Spades is a great game, although I suck at it. The real reason it made it this high onto the list is the fond memories I have playing it in cheap apartments, listening to music on cassette tapes, and trash-talking with my goofy friends.

Here's to you guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home