SNOOP'S LIST

Sunday, November 20, 2005

22. Hex


Look at that cool board! I made it myself. I love connection games, and Hex is the original connection game. One of my best ever gaming experiences was playing an 11 x 11 pbem game of Hex. It was just marvelous and I remember it feeling not unlike a heavyweight fight. During times it felt like I had him on the ropes. Other times it felt like he had me cornered. Winning that game (against an anonymous opponent) was literally one of the highlights of my career as a player of games. It was extremely satisfying.

2 Comments:

  • I just glued tiles to a hunk of wood. The tiles came from the game PEACEFUL RESISTANCE:

    http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/107

    I didn't really make it from scratch -- just used stuff lying around.

    By Blogger Stephen, at 9:25 AM  

  • Can I use your photo - for credit - it's for a story we are doing at The Wall Street Journal. Thanks, Ronnie

    By Blogger ronnie, at 1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home