SNOOP'S LIST

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

23. Dungeons and Dragons


Is it cheating including this game? I literally haven't played Dungeons and Dragons in over 20 years, but it was such a formidable part of my gaming childhood that I figured I had to include it. I started playing it in 8th grade when my friend, Pat, introduced it to me. We used to play in the back room of a local game store. From there I introduced it to my brother and a couple more friends and we used to spend entire weekends playing it. I was usually the DM -- no one else knew how to do it, and I enjoyed the creative process.

Too bad a bunch of psychotic nitwits had to give this game a bad name and scare parents across the country. Thankfully, my parents trusted me and my friends. They were never the type to fall for such hooey anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home